03.02.2023. From February 27th to March 3rd we will travel to our friends from the Stiftsgymnasium Schlierbach in Zeillern/Austria for a joint choir seminar. More about this soon!
Category Archives: Pupil mobilities
16.10.2022. We have worked here on site within the framework of a strategic school partnership with five European partner schools on selected issues regarding the basic principles of the project schools in the sense of a democratic school as well as the rights, duties and tasks of those involved in school life. As a final project result, a common constitutional order of a "school with a democratic school culture" was created.
We had a wonderful time in Thessaloniki and visited friends from Madeira (Portugal), Torbali (Turkey) and Viterbo (Italy)!
Now we are about to create a small magazine and the final report before we will start more projects! 🙂
02.05.2022. We are working here on site within the framework of a strategic school partnership with five European partner schools on selected issues regarding the basic principles of the project schools in the sense of a democratic school as well as the rights, duties and tasks of those involved in school life. Best regards from Viterbo! 🙂
08.03.2022. Between February 21 and 25, 2022 we hosted the third mobility of the joint project "Building a Democratic School Culture" in the framework of a strategic school partnership.
We welcomed friends from Thessaloniki (Greece), Funchal (Portugal), Viterbo (Italy) and Torbali (Turkey) (two teachers and two students per partner).
At the beginning of the joint working week, there were impulse presentations from the individual project countries regarding the basic principles and administrative structures of the project schools as well as the rights, duties and tasks of those involved in school life.
This was followed by group work in which the students, teachers, school administrators and parents dealt with selected tasks. Among others, the following topics were worked on:
- "What should be the duties and responsibilities of teachers in a democratic school?"
- "What should school leadership be like in a democratic school?"
- "What should be the duties and responsibilities of a student in a democratic school?"
- "What should be the duties and responsibilities of parents in a democratic school?"
- "What duties and responsibilities should school administrators have in a democratic school?"
After the results of each group were presented, we summarized the defined duties and responsibilities in a statement.
It was a wonderful time and we are really looking forward to visiting our Italian friends in Viterbo in May! 🙂
Day 1 (03.10.2022)
There will be a meeting where each partner country will present its own university access and education system. It will be the hometown university or the or the nearest university where most students are likely to study after graduation. Each partner country will also provide information about its national and international universities and the application and admission procedures of those universities. - Learning outcome: increase knowledge of admissions procedures.
Day 2 (04.10.2022)
Visit to the Career Planning Office of Ege University in Izmir to get first-hand information about application procedures. Following the information on applying to international universities, a workshop on writing a letter of intent, which is a prerequisite for applying, will be organized. - Learning outcome: getting to know a foreign university, possible study opportunities for foreign students in Turkey.
Day 3 (05.10.2022)
A career action plan workshop is held. Participants are given an interactive test called the Character Strengths Survey to identify their strengths. Using the data obtained through the test, students create a mind map for their own career plans. - Learning Outcome: Identify and map personal strengths and weaknesses.
Day 4 (06.10.2022)
Each partner will make a short film describing the professional career of an exemplary person with an outstanding academic career in their country. - Learning Outcome: Enhance skills to work in a group and to design and create short videos.
Day 5 (07.10.2022)
Work on the short films - presentation in front of the whole team. - Learning achievement: enhancing skills for working in a group and designing and creating short videos, also practicing presentations.
Day 1 (28.11.2022)
- Meeting with Mr. Giotis, Human Resources Manager and member of the Chamber of Commerce of Trikala.
- Visit to the University of Thessaly "Department of Physical Education and Sports Science. Professor Mr. Yiannis Koutedakis
- Work in school: presentations of applications that the students have already prepared (about 10-15 minutes per country)
- Workshop: students work in mixed groups to prepare a video role-play imitating a job interview (using the results of a digital glossary they have already created with phrases and words in English and in their native language that will help them in a job interview)
Day 2 (29.11.2022)
- Visits to the local authorities
- Visit to the Municipality of Trikala, meeting with the mayor of the city
- Visit to GiSeMi HUB for innovation and entrepreneurship
- Visit to e-Trikala (innovative ideas and experiences with career guidance)
- Afternoon: Workshop at school - preparation of the dictionary
Day 3 (30.11.2022)
- Preparing the dictionary
- School activity for students
- Afternoon: School dictionary workshop - phrases and expressions for interviews
Day 4 (01.12.2022)
- Meeting with representatives of the Chamber of Commerce, discussion about the opportunities for young people in the field of entrepreneurship.
- Visit to local businesses and industries
Day 5 (02.12.2022)
- Presentation of the video role-playing games
- Presentation of the dictionary